Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My Life is Android - Pulled.

After a run of almost 7 weeks, I have pulled the application My Life is Android from the Android Market. Users may have noticed that the application was not receiving the "frequent" updates it had promised on its description. Several days after the launch, I received an email from somebody at mylifeisaverage.com, who asked that I pull my application because it violated their terms of use. After a several day exchange, I was assured that I wasn't the only app being targeted. They had asked all third party apps be pulled, with the last one being mine. I wanted to wait until the application got to 5000 downloads (which it surpassed early this morning) before pulling it. Now that it's done that, I have taken it off the market. Users who downloaded it can still use it, it is stable so there shouldn't be any lingering issues. Unfortunately, I will not be able to add features like comments, voting, sharing, or a widget at this time. Perhaps someday I will be able to publish the app again, but for now, it is what it is.

Instead, I have ported the app to work for a site called mylifeisbro.com. I released v1.0.0 last month and updated to v1.1.4 last night. This latest update includes sharing features (text and copy to clipboard), as well as some caching mechanisms to increase usability. Several milestone upgrades are currently planned, so look for those in the future.

Also, this blog will probably stop existing shortly as I have teamed up with several friends of mine to form How Big Studios, a company whose initial focus will be the Android market. All of my Roki Productions applications will soon fall under How Big Studios.

No comments:

Post a Comment